of trousers vs skirts......creepy crawlies, etc.......

....nothing is ever simple here but at least it still can be funny!!!  It was my birthday and as we were on holiday in the mountains we went out for the day......a few years ago this little trout farm probably looked much more idyllic than now, but it was a good place for the boys to run around and have fun - if the boys are happy then the parents are happy!!

In any case, we were paying to go in and the man-at-the-gate was explaining in staccato English what we could "see" (nice green grass and trees and oh, and some trout-dams) and "do" (paddle around in a leaking "boat") Suddenly, i felt something bite me on the inside of my thigh!  Having lived in Africa all my life, i took it in my stride and tried squashing whatever it was, but then i felt More Things crawling up my trouser leg.  Although the man-of-the-gate didn't really understand or speak English, he could read my facial expression perfectly!
Just in front of us was a small cabin, he gave me one look, flung some keys out of his pocket and shouted in his heavily accented English......"COME ....Madam!!"  And i followed without thinking twice, actually i wasn't thinking at all - just trying very hard not to freak out!

So into the mouldy old cabin me and my husband went, whipped off my jeans and found a whole squadron of big and angry red ants!  Ouch!
It was just too funny and we cracked up laughing!  I thought i would never say this, but this was one time where a skirt would have saved the day!!  I can still hear the man-of-the-gate's voice .... Come ....Madam!  haha

bella, i think ants like me!!

Comments

Popular Posts