keeping control....

We have a few friends who are pilots and this week i was thinking of them and flying and this got me thinking  :).....how  would it be to sit in a small cockpit - maybe of a vintage plane, and have a set of controls right in front of me, but with the Best Pilot ever sitting at the front and main controls....but not really trusting Him......??

So here i am, at the back and the control stick is going left and right and we are getting ready to do a barrel roll or something Very Scary.....and so i reach for the controls and jam it the other way as hard as i can (maybe the pilot in front needs to give me control in real life, but maybe i could take control whenever i wanted to?).  In any case, this is kind of a long intro, but bear with me....

I take the controls and am not sure what i am doing, so we start to fall, or we go into a spin and Something Bad is about to happen if i don't let go, but i won't, or think i can't because i want to be in control.....and i can't trust anyone, but myself!  Meanwhile I have The Best Pilot Ever up front who is waiting patiently for me to give back the controls!!

And i guess that sums up my life!!  I think with me in control things will go smoothly, but actually i am in grave danger - All the time!!  I am no pilot and have no clue of what to do, but think i have it all!! I am like a small over-confident child who thinks she can fly  by jumping off the high roof, stubbornly not willing to jump into her Father's arms, only to fall and break my arm or leg or both!!

And so i release the controls, albeit reluctantly, and sit back (and hopefully relax) while My Pilot takes control!  It's not easy, but it's worth it!!  I may not have a single healthy bone left if i continue trying to be in control!

bella, the passenger who tries her hardest to Trust!!



Comments

Popular Posts