Getting perspective....



It all started when i gave the boys a haircut each - yes, i am the hairdresser too! The wind blew a bit and the hair got stuck all over me and i so desperately wanted to take as shower.....

i asked the boys to start a fire for me, which they normally do very easily, but after one of them got a singed (already short) fringe i took over....

And so, there i was lying on the ground trying to make a fire so that i can take a bath...and so NOT enjoying it! The wood was wet, the smoke made me cough and i was struggling for the longest time with the smoldering and then dying coals.....and i felt oh, so sorry for myself!

But then my very level-with-the-earth eye caught sight of my neighbours and i thought "What am i complaining about??" I am heating water that comes from a TAP for taking a shower INSIDE a warm and cosy house!! And so with new vigour i blew on the embers to heat my water with joy....count your blessings one by one!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts