Holding on to the Light

I have this very interesting little "bedside lamp". Well, actually it's a small bicycle headlamp and it fits snugly in my hand. As we live, let's call it, Green, we do not have a lot of electricity laying aound at night waiting to be burned on outdoor flood lights or dim passage lights (that's now if we had a passage!) In any case if you would try and find us on Google earth you would not see a thing here. And yes, this is deep, dark Africa!

All this to say that each dark night i have one hand firmly in my husband's hand and one small light in my other hand and so i fall asleep.....

On one such a dark night i didn't fall asleep immediately and i started thinking about life and such and well, i realized how important holding onto the light had become....but then it struck me that The Light actually never lets go of my hand! So even if i let my little lamp slip from my grasp as i fall asleep, God has me tight and secure. A very nice thought on a dark night!

Comments

  1. Love your new blog! I'm adding you to my reader as we speak! Lief vir julle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts