One wonderful thing about living Out Here in Africa is that i get to homeschool my children. Yes, you read right, it's a wonderful thing! And to all those we do not believe in it or believe that parents CAN actually teach their kids, fasten your seat belts!!

Some days are just a stubborn we-have-to-do-this-so-lift-up-your-head! (What job ONLY has smooth times??) Most days it is so much fun to see them "get" something! Or, my favourite, when you hear them play and one is Atilla the Hun and the other two the poor invaded Chinese....or whoever they are learning about!

Teaching them to read has been my worst struggle - and i don't mean the reading part! To keep a straight face and not burst into giggles when, for example, the youngest Insists upon doing a specific voice for every character! "Little Bear" has never been so funny! This HAS to be the best! Someone once said children spell love T-I-M-E, and it's so true!
It is a priviledge and i'm going to enjoy it while i have them here with me!

Comments

  1. You encourage me more than you know. I hope one day that I will be able to do the same for you. Homeschooling rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts