Life is Beautiful



I was sitting this morning looking out over a calm sea. So, so beautiful. Soothing. One or two surfers in perfect soft waves. A Labrador jumping in a rock pool. A small child’s laughter. Just so perfect. And  a surprising thought popped into my head - Life is Beautiful.

So much heartache has been oozing out of my pores over the last couple of years that i was quite Surprised by Joy, as CS Lewis coined it so perfectly. 

Life is beautiful. But it seemed i had to arrive to a place where i needed to give myself permission to be deep down joyful again.  I can be so hard on myself. Trying my best to stay strong and cope like some kind of Tin Man without a heart (but desperately wanting one.!) I have to give myself permission to be okay in longing and seeking for a heart again. 
And as i sat  there at the beach with this truly magnificent view it struck me that healing comes in small ways and in leaps and bounds. I have seen and treated many wounds over the years and usually the first few days  of healing is not so visible. But then, unexpectedly the wound takes a turn for the better and before you know it the scar is the only reminder.

Scars i do have. Some even over joints which has made me adjust to a new way of moving. Other scars are thicker and others not even visible anymore. But scars i have. And its ok. Life is beautiful. 
Maybe because of scars i can love deeper, see clearer, live fuller.

I hope so. 

Bella

Comments

Popular Posts