Kindred spirits

I was never one for many friends.  Being popular was never important to me, but having a liked-minded friend was!  Even just one or two was and is, good enough for me!  Kindred spirits are not found in all friends, but it makes it doubly worthwhile when one does come along!  (And here i must add, that when the Lord gave me my husband, He also gave me my best friend, for which i am forever grateful!)

I spoke to a dear friend this morning - it was her birthday and i had to use up all my self-control not to burst into tears because i missed her so much.  I tried being strong, but the truth is, i am not.  I am such a sissy deep inside me and letting go, leaving behind and waving goodbye to the plane is NOT my thing!  I want to cling to my few good friends!

I sometimes wonder why the Lord picked me for this out-of-the-way job and place where we live.  Did all the others say no to Him?  And only i was left?  Or is it just this - that i only need a few friends and that makes me a good person to live like this? I'm not sure....but whichever way it is, i do miss my good friends - friends where i do not have to explain myself!  Friends where i can just be ......me.

On the other hand, the Lord has, at unexpected times, blessed me with a friendship excactly when i needed it - He is faithful!!  I just need to look up for a while and realize His blessings - even if i have to let go and move on again or let them move on!  I do wonder how it will be in heaven one day??  I know i will be totally caught up in God and His totally awesome-ness, but will i also have fun with friends?  I do hope so!  I see mine so little that i would like to spend eternity with You and them!

Thank you Father for the friends You have given me, bless each one.

bella
"Why would you want so many friends if you won't have the time to get to know all of them very well?"  CS Lewis (loosely quoted).

Comments

  1. Oh, Bella, I recognize that pain, those questions. There are no easy answers, but God bless you for your willingness to serve Him in that out-of-the-way place.

    These words especially tugged at my heart:

    "I sometimes wonder why the Lord picked me for this out-of-the-way job and place where we live. Did all the others say no to Him? And only i was left?"

    Your rewards in heaven will be priceless!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, again, Bella, would it be OK with you if I use this excerpt in a future blog post? "I sometimes wonder why the Lord picked me for this out-of-the-way job and place where we live. Did all the others say no to Him? And only i was left?"

    It would be in my Grandma's Letters from Africa blog.

    Thanks for considering my request.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella, I read the quote you let Linda use on her blog and that is how I found you. I'm going to add you to my list. God bless you for being the one that would be used of Him. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts