Vista.......

This country we live in is truly beautiful! White beaches framed with palms, granite rocks strewn all about, high and low mountains – just beautiful!

We were coming back from the conference, on a 4 hour drive, and as we passed one of my favourite places, i noticed the houses....

But firstly, let me paint a picture of this favourite place – even though it might be a poor one... 

Quite suddendly the road goes up onto the escarpment – up until then you have gone through droves of indigenious trees, broad rivers and around the feet of small hills, but then as you turn and go up, a breathtakingly amazing view catch you by surprise....high mountains in hues of blue and purple, deep green valleys covered in trees, small hills in between, every shade of green - as far as the eye can see! Truly beautiful! You can’t help to stop and drink in the vista.

As we were passing i also thought, “What a wonderful place to build a house!” and then i saw the village – built right on the edge of this beautiful vista. The next thing i noticed was that not one house faced the view – and yes, i know the people here do not really live in their houses and have nice big windows and so on, what i mean is that even their “living quarters” were facing the very boring and dusty old road. They have all this beauty right in their (literally) backyards, but they don’t see it, enjoy it, marvel at it!

And as always, it got me thinking about my own life – where do i not to see God’s hand, God’s beauty in my life? Where am i blind to His blessings? What do i choose not to “see”??
It might be small things and it might be big things! A new friendship – even though different than i would have thought or only for a short time? A budding rosebush right in front of me? A plate filled with good nutritious food? What are those things that my Father blesses me with that i miss? And then also, especially in times when i feel my life spin out of control or times of intense sadness, times when my Father comes and comforts me, do i see Him in it at all? Or do i choose to only look at the ugly, the dirty and the death around me? Sadly, the aswer is yes on most bad days and i thank God that He used a beautiful view to open my eyes! Especially today as i have to go to a funeral of and old man from our village – one who did not have the chance to get to know God. Help me see Your comfort, Your care ....... i sure need it!

And so, i choose to see! Please open my eyes Father as you opened the eyes of the servant of Elijah! I don’t want to miss what You do and give in my life. Thank You for loving me.

Bella, with open heart and open eyes.

Comments

  1. What an amazing picture you've put on your post, and what a great reminder to open our eyes and hearts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words and images, and especially for your reminder for all of us to look for the beauties God places before us every day. I love your prayer, Bella: "And so, i choose to see! Please open my eyes Father as you opened the eyes of the servant of Elijah! I don’t want to miss what You do and give in my life. Thank You for loving me."

    Bless you, Bella.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts