Colours and other nice things.......


This is my blog, so i can speak my mind, right? And if it wasn't for the fact that i live mostly all by myself, i wouldn't even be posting this, but there you go - Blog, my friend who doesn't talk back, but always listens quietly, will now be spoken to! :)

I have been thinking about this topic for quite a while - so bear with me.....

Where we live now the walls are just grey cement - they have never even seen a paintbrush! So i suppose in our newly built house i overcompensated a bit with the colours....hiehie...a year is a long time in a dull little house! But, it's done now and i love it! Or i did until i recently started wondering why people expect that when you are a missionary you are supposed to live really, hmm how shall i name it....???......bland?? No vibrant colours, no nice interesting effects (that by the way, cost nothing!), just the plain old white please! (obviously there is a balance needed as in all things - ie flat screen TV's, Leather couches or whatever is the latest and most important thing in your culture! - this is not what i mean, we try our best to be good stewards!!!)

It bothered me so much, i deleted the colourful rooms from facebook! It really bothered me so much that i couldn't stop thinking about my shell and stone bath (which we picked up ourselves), my very blue kitchen with ironwood tops - iron wood!! (and i'm not even mentioning the teak window frames (also readily available and cheap here!).

And so with all this in mind i was out walking today and i saw one of my roses (roses? yes!) when it struck me!! Who made the rose? The sunflower? Who made the rainbow for crying out loud!! My Boss, that's Who!! So, i'm sorry if my colours or beautiful things taken from nature offend you, God knows i try my best not to offend anyone in any culture, but hey, He set the standard!! Viva colours, i say! And one day, i hope to teach the people here to see and admire the beauty around them, created by the Most Beautiful Person I know, my God!

(Ps I sincerely hope i didn't offend anyone by writing this?? Speak now or forever hold your silence! :) )

Comments

  1. Jou blog het verdwyn en ek moes my dood soek daarna maar nou het ek dit weer gevind! Hoera. En Hoera vir kleure en kleurvolle mense!

    Charmain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah no!!! I would have lovewd to have seen your colourful walls on facebook!! Please bring them back?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, I love following your journey as a missionary on your blog. Everything about you, makes you the right person to be where you are. Who else would care about what others think about the colours on their walls, or the passing of an elderly gentleman. I say "make them squirm", forget the warm fuzzies and tell it like it is and of course "Viva colours"! Like you say, your home is a monument to the Great All-powerfull Creator of colour! You rock Bella!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts