good and ...... worse



I have found that I am really, really good at some things and really terrible at other things! This is what you learn out here in the bush where you do most of the things in life yourself – I mean you are the baker, butcher and candlestick maker plus many more things of course!!

Well, I have come to realize I am terrible at making fires, especially with wet wood – I just cannot do it! I can though, cough extremely well when faced (literally) with smelly, smoky fires! I can also sneeze really good during the dry season when there is lots and lots of dust all over the place!

The other thing I can really do well is break things and I can jump superbly on an overfull suitcase and close it - all in one go!! Isn’t THAT something?? I am not much of a butcher I must admit, but I have killed (with the car) a few chickens crossing the road here – the children keep count of that sort of thing, so if you would like figures, just ask them!

When it becomes time to move – which has happened quite often, I am really the worst! I take out all the linen and leave it on the bed for a few days while I pack up a quarter of the kitchen, make myself endless cups of tea and sleep between the piles of washing and stuff on the bed! Terrible packer!! But somehow it gets done – maybe I am really good sleepwalker-packer?? In any case I am quite good at walking in and over boxes!

I am also extremely good at crying when I break something or when I make a batch of bread (again) without salt or when I see my dead vegetables in the supposed to be veggie garden! I can also cry when the bugs eat my roses – it’s not for them! But I am also good at smiling again, esp when I get a hug from my children and blow my nose on my dear, understanding husband’s hanky !

I am quite good at making people laugh! I am the village stand-up (or sit-down) comedian! I am just such a hilarious person! If they see me, they start laughing and I’m not even saying anything yet!! You should see them when I am on my bike!!! At least I can also laugh at myself – although I am better at making others laugh…..

I guess you learn more about yourself here than what you would like to know, but then again you realize that the verse in John that says “without Me you can do nothing” really, really is true! So please Lord, don’t leave me, because I am really terrible on my own……

Comments

  1. Jou blog het my laat lag en huil! Dankie

    Charmain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts