my temporary dwelling......


i had to take the workers to the building site this morning as my poor husband had to leave at 5am to go and buy stone - it takes 2 hours for this very interesting little trip - and the little truck couldn't take more people on as well! In any case, as we were driving along the muddy path, one of the guys was chatting loudly in his own language and the others were laughing or making comments....and it got me thinking (which isn't always good, i know!)

one year and 4 days ago we crossed the border and i am really looking forward to be in my own culture and amongst my own people soon! It is sometimes such an effort to always be straining to understand, trying your best not to offend (but still do!), not fitting in - actually sticking out like a very, white, sore thumb!! And i mean this literally, as the people here are really very short!! haha!! so much for going tribal! only if you would hunch down and roll in coffee could you closely "fit" in, but then again, you might be mistaken for the Missing Link!!

In any case, it then struck me that earth is not my home - even in my own culture i don't get half the jokes, or TV ads, or latest sayings!! I had to hand over my mobile phone for credit last time to the cashier, because i didn't know to which network i belonged!! and i'm not even going to mention my "fashion"!!

Ah well, this is good to realize before we go, isn't it?? Brings The Ole Expectation down to a normal or lower level......earth is not my home! So i can only pray that where i do spend most of my time that my Father will help me be content and fulfilled and grant me grace when i feel i need to belong somewhere! And if i am compleely honest, i do like it more here than anywhere else!!

Comments

Popular Posts