Of offerings and other easy songs.......


Well, there i was, way past missionary midnight (9pm) sitting on my bed, playing guitar for two reasons - to keep me awake so that i could drink more water and to praise the Lord because i was scared stiff!!

Kidney stones.....probably not so scary when you know the hospital and friendly doctor is at your beck and call, but to me last night, the night being a dark one of course, it was a scary thing!

I turned the page in my song book and i just couldn't, couldn't sing "I will offer up my life..." when this pain in my side made the reality of sacrifice and offerings very painfully clear to me! We so easily sing these songs! How hard is it to mouth the words when in a very comfortable place? (This, by the way could be anywhere - even here in the (un)comfortable bush!) Do these songs really filter down and touch our hearts - do we think God doesn't take EVERY word serious?? He who created by using WORDS!!! Yikes!

As you can gather, i don't take songs lightly, but i must admit, when we are in the good old passport country i do get carried away by the thought if worshipping the Lord with 1000 others and then sometimes sing without thinking too much!! But, sitting on my bed seeing those words, i was confronted with the thought "am i really willing to offer up my life??" It could be painful! And then i realised - it is painful, and i don't mean just the kidney stone!

God takes us into His school and asks us along the line to surrender more and more to Him - not commit, because committing still leaves you in control, but surrender - and that is painful! I guess there are many ways to offer up your life and i should just trust God that He knows best for me......as i awoke this morning, there was a song in my heart......"I will offer up my life, in Spirit and Truth, pouring out my sacrifice as my worship to You!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts