My eyes are on You...




I opened my eyes this morning and immediately started worrying....only 18 days until my eldest leaves for University far far away, and 22 days until school starts again and then it is down to just me. 1 trying to be 5. Impossible. Worrying comes easy. I do not know what to do. I am kind of out of plans.

I make coffee. I sit down at my cluttered desk. The Word is open at 1 Chron. 20. Jehoshaphat and Judah are facing a vast army, ready to attack. And as I read I see my own words right there in verse 12. “We do not know what to do.”

 My own cry. But the verse does not stop there. “We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”

How were their eyes on God? Well, they looked back and remembered all the things He did for them. God drove out the nations and gave them the Promised land. They looked back and remembered Who God is. They remembered that God is powerful and mighty. That God could be trusted to rescue. That God rules over all the nations. They remembered that they belonged to God. They also acknowledged that they are powerless and need wisdom and help. That they were dependent on God. They had Faith In God.

And I think back over the years of how God has come through for us...a long list. Why do I worry now? Malaria, concussions, bee stings, busted knees and backs, house building, a seized car engine, a broken foot - and all of this in the middle of nowhere either driving far on terrible roads or flying to reach a hospital and with limited back up. Our eyes are on You.

I keep on remembering how God helped us build a house without a loan or a Builders Warehouse! I remember how we travelled many, many kilometers on bad roads without even a flat tyre. I remember all the border crossings and paperwork and worry then but praise afterwards as God came through Every Single Time. Definitely not as we wished or hoped for but in His way - the best way. Cars broke, yes, but we found a friendly stranger helping, or friends sending parts via plane, or walking and then seeing more. I remember feeling lonely and people showing up with laughter and love. I remember how God provided meals and ideas with limited food supplies, I remember that God is for us and not against us. I remember. There are so many acts of Faithfulness that I can remember....

I have seen people healed form deep burns, malaria and other mysterious illnesses...and I have seen the greatest miracle of all - people transformed by God! Slaves to ancestral worship now worshipping the Living God and spreading the Gospel to others. Our eyes are on You.

“We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You”

My worry departs. And I have faith again. My eyes are on You.

Bella.
“Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts