My Helper......



Come to Me all who are heavy laden and burdened.....come to Me.

Someone asked me the other day how my prayer life is at the moment. I did take a moment to think about this question. Does "Please help me Lord" over and over count for having a prayer life?
Does "i cant take it anymore" or just my favoured, one worded prayer of "Help!" count at all?

This is the reality of living with this terrible disease that steals away everything - and it does it in slow motion.

It seems that i might be a strong woman. Look where i lived for 8 years! But really, i am not. It was hard for me out there. One visitor told me a few years back while "helping" me hang up the washing, that his wife would never make it out there...she is not so ....ahem... tough. Why thanks, Somehow it did not sound like a compliment to me, the old tough piece of meat. Anyhow, that is not the point. To me it seems that the Lord has placed me in severe tough and difficult positions and places not because of my toughness, but because He is Tough. I guess i am a slow learner.

I must admit, i do rebel at times. Wishing it would just be easy for a bit. Just a spot of plain sailing would be extremely pleasant. But, no. God delights to be my Help. My Stronghold. But, do i marvel at that? Nope. I cry. I complain. I cry some more. I pray help me, help me, help me, help me and then when i finally lay my head on the pillow - meaning that i actually did get through another terrible day - forget to thank my Knight in shining armour. Because He really does help. He hears my cries and He catches my tears in a little bottle. He is right beside me. He carries me who is trying to carry those around me. I need only to turn to Him.

Help me, help me, help me is all very fine but i need to end it with Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I need to Remember the Lord my God. Because I really know it is defintely not my strength or power that got me here today, but so easily i forget and do think that. Let this verse remind me of just that......

“He gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never known, to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you. You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭8:16-18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Bella

Comments

Popular Posts