But as for me....




My thoughts trouble me
I am distraught
My heart is in anguish
Terrors of death fall on me
Fear and
Trembling beset me
Horror overwhelmes me

Ps 55  - A song written by David many years ago rightly sums up my year.
2017 i am looking forward to the end of you!

Malaria, maggots, compassion fatigue, many miles on bad roads, operations, bad news from the doctor, moving, resettling (or trying too in any case) battling so many battles that this warrior has turned into a worrier.....troubled thoughts, anguish, distraught heart, fear, distress, etc, etc.

And what is the remedy for all this calamity? Well, a 5 letter word. Trust. Not blind trust in nothing. No. Trust in the Great I AM.

Listen to my prayer
Do not ignore my plea
Hear me
Answer me
As for me i call to God and the Lord saves me
I cry out in distress and He hears my voice
He rescues me
He sustains me
He will not let me be shaken

But as for me, i trust in You.

And in the night when worry assail me i hear a whisper....Do you trust Me? And when I cry alone i hear a gentle voice saying Trust me child. I've got this.

I am on My throne
I have not changed
I have heard
I have answered
I have saved
I have rescued
I sustain
I keep you safe.
Trust in Me.

And so i take the next step, do the next thing and ... Trust.

Bella, but as for me, i trust in You.
Psalm 55




Comments

Popular Posts