And so, Lord....



Sometimes in the strangest places i hear God encouraging me. Yesterday was a tough day - not so much outwardly but inside my head. I forgot to take one day at a time....wait, what am I saying? I forgot to take one Moment at a time. And so i was skipping ahead with all kinds of things to worry about....what if's and what then's....a whole head full!

And this morning as i turned the pages of a Psalm colouring book these words jump out at me.

And so, Lord....

This is so profound because it represents just so many things. Every single worry that i have either named or dreamed up can be summarized by And so, Lord...

And so, Lord what about this? Or that? How am i going to manage this? Or if that happens? Kind of what are You going to do Lord?

And so, Lord, where do i put my hope? Very appropriate. Where do i put my hope? The medical world has failed us. No hope there. Myself? What a joke! I fail myself daily. No hope here either. Other people fail me. They just have no idea. No hope there. And so, Lord, where do i put my hope?

My only hope is in You.

That simple and that difficult all at the same time.

I will put my Hope in You. Not in people. Not in things. Not in myself. In You. Full stop.

So how does this look then in real life? David who wrote the Psalm was hunted down for many years by Saul, his own children made life extremely difficult for him - they even plotted to kill him! He was in constant war with Israel's enemies. But every time he comes back to God. Putting his trust in God - that God knows, hears and sees. Believing that He has a purpose. That He is in control and will use whatever to transform us more into His Son. That we can depend on Him to help us through even the Valley of shadow and death. That He gives us courage and strength to do His will. That He is dependable and above all will never leave us or forsake us. Never.

And so, Lord where do i put my hope? My only hope is in You.

Bella




Comments

  1. Belinda you always know just how to be authentically real. It is always such an encouragement reading your blog and it always blesses me right where I am at. Miss you dear friend. Lots of love Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts