unworthy

This morning i looked at the laundry basket (which was really quite an overflowing mess) and wondered how on earth i was going to get rid of all those dirty clothes!!  And then i had a brilliant thought!!  I could just stuff all the dirty clothes really tightly into the small basket and press a bit more down and squeeze some smaller items in between and then ...voila!  the lid would actually be able to go on!!  Best of all, i won't SEE any dirty clothes!!  And it won't include any real hard work!!  Nicely out of sight......and that made me think of my heart....let me explain.

Sometimes, my heart is full of sin - thoughts, deeds, all manner of things that affect my relationship with God badly.  And sometimes i just want to stuff it all down very deeply - get a lid on it all, so to speak!  So i stuff and i squeeze until it all "looks" good......but nothing has actually changed - all the dirty laundry is still right there under the lid.....all mouldy and smelly.  I don't want to go to the trouble to look closely, to tip out my "basket" and deal with the stuff inside!  My heart, just like my laundry basket needs Cleaning.  And the Best soap powder is called Holy Spirit Soap (respectfully said)!!

I read this weekend a verse that said "and may you be worthy of His calling" and at that moment i felt so unworthy and in depserate need of some Good Soap!!  And i guess that is just it - God is so loving, so kind, He opens His arms wide and takes me in again and again.  I love Him and i feel so glad that He can cleanse my heart and keeps on loving me even though He knows exactly what going in even the darkest places!

bella, forgiven!

Comments

  1. "Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
    Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
    Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
    Would call out through the rain
    And calm the storm in me

    I am Yours"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts