Numbers...

Yesterday my aunt wrote out of the blue to ask for my identity number back in the ol’ country....she needed it to put on her will – not my name, but my number.....and i had to think a bit! I never use that number here! But i am that number in certain parts of the world. I also have a passport number, a bank account number, a work permit number and another number which you need on every other form, but i’m not sure where it comes from or what it is,but it's important to someone... and so it goes. I am a number! And to thicken the plot in this day and age i am also an email address, a facebook address, a blog.....To some i am a cell number, a tax number, an organization’s number! I used to be a phyiso and i had a number to prove it!! :)

My clothes have numbers, my shoes have numbers! Ok, my house doesn’t have a number, but that’s understandable if you know where we live! :) (It does baffle the authorities, though!) I am a number, even if i have to make it up sometimes!

But each of these “numbers” only represent part of who i am – not one captures me as a Person! Who i am may be linked to a whole lot of numbers, but that’s not what makes me,...well, me! To most people i may be just that number that works for them, but to God??

Well, He made me, He knows me and to Him i am a person......the whole me! He knows my name - my name is written in His Book! 
And also........
See, I have engraved you in the palms of My hand!! Not my number, but me, i’m engraved in His Hand......wow.

Bella, known by God!


Comments

Popular Posts