invisibility.....

Funny how challenges come in all kinds of different forms!!  Mine came this morning in the form of our fallen down storehouse........
A storehouse needs to be sturdy, right?  And if it falls down you build a new one, right?  Well, this is just where the challenge comes in!!

To build a new storehouse you need bricks (see post below about "complications" for That Challenge), you need workers to help you, you need to bring in sand, cement and more workers......

So there i was as normal as could be, hanging the washing on the line, when i felt a few "newer" sets of eyes on me!  It is sometimes hard being the arungu here, but with time you get kind of used to it!  Our own workers are so used to me now, doing all my strange things that they do not even glance up when i go about my silly ways, ....... but not today!

Here i was hanging up all the small carpets i washed after a house full of people left only their footprints....and feeling extremely stupid.  More eyes on me as now i'm seen through the window doing something in the house - i mean, being in the house during daytime is already quite strange!

I have so much washing to do, but i catch myself wonderling what would be more appropriate to wash this morning for all to see??  Kids clothes?  Sheets?  What??  Defintely not my clothes!!  Man, even if i try my hardest to blend in, there are times when i don't and i don't like it one bit!!  God made us to be part of the "herd" and i'm mostly the albino elephant in a herd of small antelope trying to make myself invisible, but not succeeding!!

I like National Geographic - i like pictures where the antropologist sits there with notebook, walking shoes and trousers - a picture of not blending in at all and quite accepting of the fact!  The problem comes when you try to look local and do not succeed!! I want to blend in - i live here - but i still stick out like a giraffe in a skirt!!  haha  Never a dull moment!!   I hear the washing machine (strange, i know!!) calling to me that the washing is done...ah well, Out i Go....

bella, trying to face my challenges without being seen!!

Comments

Popular Posts