A cup of tea.....

Sitting on my veranda, enjoying the African sunset and thinking about tea. :)

I just had a cup. Actually a friend who has been visiting for nearly three weeks was making coffee for himself and A, and as i wanted tea, had to make it myself, because he didn’t know how i liked mine.......i wonder how many people know how to make me a cup of tea? I mean with the milk and sugar all in and ready to drink?? I think i can count on one hand, no, make that one finger.

Recently i was talking to a lady and had quite a nice conversation, but then i had the uneasy feeling that when i go on my way again, she will have forgotten all about me. Some people make you feel safe and you open up, never to ask again about what you shared. Some really don’t care at all! Some people take more time to get to know and trust and some - the rare ones -are the ones with which you just “click”. The ones who will know how you like your tea.

Most friends are definitely seasonal – they come and go, just as spring follows winter and summer comes before autumn. The rare ones are for life – ones you get to see maybe once in two years, but you can just fall in where you left off – you are somehow connected. Well, as i said, those are the rare ones. But then there is Jesus – the ultimimate, intimate, dearest friend, who not only knows how i like my tea, but knows every little thing about me. Jesus. I don’t have to worry that nearly nobody knows how i like my tea, because i will always have Him!

Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with confidence!!

Bella, friend of Jesus.

Comments

  1. Lovely, Bella. :)

    Friends come in all shapes and sizes, don't they? Some stay a long time, and others join us for only a brief time. Sometimes one who stayed for only a moment made a huge impact on my life.

    You've given me lots to think about today.

    Enjoy your tea, too! I miss Kenya tea but I've found that Irish Breakfast tea closely resembles it.

    I'm enjoying your jog, Bella.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant I'm enjoying your "blog! -- !!!

    LT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts