Living by "faith'

Just when you think everything is going rather quite smoothly, you slip and fall flat on your face!!


And so here we are at the end of our furlough with still so many things to do and buy that we really do not know what to take and what to leave, what to buy and what not!!


But this is not the problem - i mean people are very adaptable!  The problem has to do with me of little faith.  Living by faith is really not aptly named, don't you think?  Something more like living every day with only God's support and supply and not taking into consideration my weak old little faith!  Or what about living by the Faithfulness of God?  That's much more appropriate, i would say!


God is always faithful, but i struggle with "will He do it for me?"  "Is this the right thing to do NOW?'  I don't know.......


This Scripture has really been a challenge to me -


"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan? 


I think the easy life is looking very attractive right now - the "men" have worn me out, i guess.  And i want to run with horses - what a joke!  

But then i think of the man who asked Jesus to heal his son and then said - 'I do know You can do it, but help me in my unbelief"  Help me Lord to see You in all of this, this churning, doubting, wondering about many things - help me in my unbelief!

Comments

  1. No matter how many times God comes through for us, we still tend to doubt. And while I know He wants us to grow in faith, I think He likes that we know we need to cry to Him and TRY trusting. He must giggle at us frail humans a lot. :) I know I do. Living by His faithfulness....I like it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts