Default

I am sipping coffee and not tasting anything. (Sinusitis? Just a cold? Corona?) A great calamity in my life with coffee as probably my blood group by now. Why was i still making it? I could just boil water and sip that. Easy and cheap and it would feel the same. But, no. I make coffee even though i cannot taste it. 

Drinking hot water will just not do - even though the “taste” or temperature would be the same. I hang on to my coffee because i know how it tasted. I know i love the smell and the taste of it. I know it brings me comfort, makes my day and generally just helps me get by 😉 and as i sipped I suddenly had this thought...

In those times that i cannot “taste and see that the Lord is good” i will have to remind myself to default back to what i know and have lived through and remember His goodness, His faithfulness, His care. I might be tempted to think that a similar temperature type of liquid is the real thing, but that won’t last - as soon as i set eyes on the content of my cup, i will know. And so, i will keep making coffee and drinking it. Falling back to my default knowledge that this is my favorite drink. I will keep my eyes on the Real thing. I will not let go because i have so much data that points to it that God is Good, even if I cannot taste and see, i can still remind myself. He is my Default and i need to keep coming back to Him even in the darkest night.

Bella

Comments

Popular Posts