Of Apps and other things unreal...


(This is not the real me)

Today i was playing around with some new photo and video apps. Stuff i never even thought existed. Haha. I can tell you one thing - you can create quite a perfect version of yourself on paper. You can smooth out wrinkles or make your lips a perfect smudge free red. You can colour your hair or even make your face skinny. I had a bit of fun but it won’t last. For one, who wants to be cyber perfect? I am too much of a realist and the apps will be deleted soon. I just needed them for a quick and fun project. A project which included scrolling down memory lane. I scrolled too far and too deep and now i need an app to make the pain go away.

Just think how cool that would be. You just scan your heart and swipe a bit to the left and wiggle your camera a bit and voila! All the heartache is gone and you can breathe again. The lump in your lungs and the choke in your throat will now be all sparkly and sweet. Your tears will turn into beautiful and fragrant rose petals, bringing joy where it falls.

Argh, i wish. But then, I have something much better than an App. I have my Father of whom i can say:
“You’ve kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book.” (Psalm‬ ‭56:8‬ ‭MSG‬‬) Another translation says “You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle–are they not in Your book?”
‭‭(Psalm‬ ‭56:8‬ ‭AMPC‬‬) My tears are not only recorded but caught and stored in God’s bottle.

And it gives me great courage to lift my head again. Isn’t that what we want to accomplish with these photo enhancers? “See me please.” And God sees. And He catches my tears. And He writes down. I am known.

And my heart aches a little less.

Bella





Comments

Popular Posts