When dark trials come....i will praise Him still



When dark trials come all i want to do is ....
Run away
Have it fixed
Wish it was over
Stay in bed
Get depressed
Give up hope
Believe God doesn't care or love me and know what is going on.
And more along these lines, but Praise?

Paul and Silas beaten (severely) in stocks in a terrible prison (no human rights) singing songs and Praising God.
I can relate to stories where God came through and songs of praise went up - David has quite a few of those! But praising in the midst of pain and suffering is a whole new story.


How on earth do i praise God in this chapter? Especially when i know it is going to get much worse and i don't even see that there is a "better" after the much worse...praising God.
How?

But then i meet a homeless lady. She lives in a gazebo - no side panels. She is still young. No job. No friends. Probably ran away from a bad relationship. And i lie in bed at night after another day of more loss and i think that i am so privileged to have a home, a warm bed, walls around me, a loving husband, kids, friends in my life...and I praise God. Thank You.

Another young man knocks on our door asking to wash the car in exchange for something to eat....and i praise Him for food and water and a happy home despite everything else.

I walk with my youngest on the beach and listen to him talk and i see the beautiful ocean, feel the wind in my face, taste the salt and i praise God. I can breathe, i can walk, i can hear and i can praise.

I help to get the phlegm out and try and breathe and cough for him, but cannot. My heart breaks. But i manage to get some out and i thank God. Praise Him for relief even though it is fleeting. I thank Him for small things like being able to still sit in a chair, for strong boys helping to lift and move. So much to praise Him for.

And I sing this song by Fernando Ortega with knowing in my heart....

When the morning falls
On the farthest hill
I will sing His name
I will praise Him still

When dark trials come
And my heart is filled
With the weight of doubt
I will praise Him still

For the Lord our God
He is strong to save
From the arms of death
From the deepest grave

And He gave us life
In His perfect will
And by His good grace
I will praise Him still.....

Bella. and by His god Grace i will praise Him still.

Comments

Popular Posts