Circumstances not ideal....



The last couple of weeks the Bible teaching out here has been building up to the death and resurrection of Jesus! All very exciting to be bringing the Gospel message here for the first time. But with that came many challenges, the enemy really trying to discourage us in many ways. This morning after a big storm blew away our little meeting place shelter and a few other things, i was really feeling down....but i read these verses in Isaiah: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour."

Do you notice the When? It is NOT If....but when. That means that we will go through these things but that the Lord promises He will be with us!

Still i felt discouraged and while sitting with my head a bit a low at my desk the Holy Spirit reminded of another verse in Habakkuk.....and there lay the key. Here is my version of Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though i am covered in flea bites and have ringworm on my foot
Though the well has run dry and we have buckets everywhere for washing and flushing,
Though the Bible teaching shelter was blown away completely
And the kids have been sick all week
Yet i will be Joyful in God my Saviour.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights (or to just go on and face another day!)

I will be joyful in God my Saviour. In another Bible version it says i will greatly rejoice in God my Saviour!

Worshipping God, greatly rejoicing in Who He is was what was lacking! And so i put on a worship song and did just that!

Bella, looking UP!

Comments

Popular Posts