Love stories,,,,,


There is something about fairy tales, folk tales, legends that touch our hearts, isn’t there?  Why else would these stories be told over and over again?  There is something in the human heart that yearns for good to overcome evil, for justice to prevail, for love that lives happily ever after!
Take stories of where the prince falls in love with a mere servant or slave girl, someone who is not deemed worthy to be his bride, as one example.  I know analogies all fall short but if we don’t go too deep, doesn’t this kind if story show true love in all its glory?  No station in life or vocation can tear them apart although all evil obviously tries its very best!  And in the end love conquers!

In the same way to be loved by Jesus – the Prince of Peace, the Almighty God, King of kings – me, the beggar girl, the poor and unworthy slave loved by Jesus!  I am not worthy of His love, but still He loves me.  I can do nothing to impress Him, He already accepted me just as I am.  And He really, really loves me.  And evil will try and destroy that love – not from His side, but from….. my side!  Will the poor beggar girl keep on believing that the Prince really loves her?  Will she be swayed by popular belief that she is not capable of staying true or that she cannot be really and truly loved by anyone this amazing?
Or if she does enter into a relationship with The Prince, will she always doubt that He could really love her?  And as time goes by and she realizes that He knows everything about her, will the doubts return because she thinks that when people get to know her inside and out they could not possibly love her?  Or will she believe the Prince and take Him by His word?

Why is it so much easier to believe the lies the devil tells us than the Truth?  Why do we have to fight against it daily?  Could it be that we focus so much on ourselves and our own weaknesses (of which there are many!) and then so easily slip into believing lies, because we see daily evidence of our shortcomings…..or is it that the enemy knows that if we would stop believing the lies, he would be in real trouble here on earth and throws everything at us to keep us in this “submission”? 
The other night just before I fell asleep, after a really bad day, I suddenly saw and felt God looking down at me – just the way I look down at my sleeping children – a look filled with love overflowing, a love so deep, it hurts – and HE had that look when He looked down at me…..

He does really love me, the poor beggar girl, and I am transformed by Him!  Glory!

Bella, unworthy but still loved by the King.


Comments

Popular Posts