What do youThink?


Mixing banana with some custard powder......very effective for an upset stomach!
On Thursday we received our mail!  First time in a year!  Not that that in itself was great or that we got some nice long letters….actually just a few old church newspapers, some junk mail, one old Christmas card and so on, but what really was great, was a stack of 8 National Geographics!!

As I opened the 1st one I saw the add of one bank who claims to be very culturally appropriate – you know the one where they have the same image, like a moon, and they explain in one culture it means something good and in another quite the opposite and that they cater to both!  It made me think…….

The trend in the west is to seek alternative medicine – sometimes looking for a more natural approach to health.  People like taking medicine that was made like it was made a hundred years ago…..normal lab made meds are sometimes frowned upon….people want natural!

Here in the village I am the alternative option, only my medicines are the lab made ones!  I do also and actually mostly use tea, salt water, custard powder and bananas as my treatment.  But to the people here I am a symbol of the west and my medicine looks much better than their bush medicines…….not that they are all bad, some work quite good, but mostly it’s a scam.  Probably like some cool new “essential” vitamin in a modern pharmacy!

In any case, it was just a funny thought – perspective is almost everything!  What you think is really, really important!  A good reminder to examine my thoughts!!
And in Thinking that, i have to be careful what i think about God - there are some serious misbeliefs going around my head - especially in times of trouble, hardships or generally when i am feeling things are not going my way.....God is always Loving, Caring and He will Never leave me and He has a perfect plan for my life - i just have to line up my thoughts with the truth!  

Bella, the Thinkerbelle :)

Comments

Popular Posts