expanding my borders......


Last night i watched this movie "Motherhood" which was quite funny and in many ways very real to my life....

I haven't had a "real" job (whatever that means!) or exercised my grey matter much over the past 10 years (as a mother), apart from learning a new language or living and thinking cross-culturally, but i'm not sure if that counts! Well, next week i get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to undergo a refresher course on first aid and then a 5 day Ship's Captain's medical training!! Stitches and all!! Whoohoo!! And to top it off we get to practise what we've learned in the ER room on a Friday night!! I can't think of anything more exciting than this!! Until i really started thinking.......

I clean forgot about my inability to focus on myself for longer than 5 min. Not that i'm for the Me-Time thing at all - it's just that i have quite a busy household! In any case, will i be up to it?? Yes, i have medical background and even worked in trauma ICU, but that was ages ago before i had to share my brain cells with my kids!! ;) But this will be a week, yes, a whole week, where I get to do and learn about stuff I love!! WOW!

But then Panic set in again and all i could see was myself fainting on the very dirty floor of some obscure government hospital, while the poor patient loses all confidence in the ones there supposed to be helping! My, oh, my, what did i get myself into?? BUT as I was typing this i was just reminded of these words.....

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires!"
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity Lord, thank you for knowing exactly what i'm like and even what i like and need! I will trust You on this one too!

Comments

Popular Posts