Hopeless or Hopeful....

Two quotes recently popped into my mind a few times....the first was from Churchill: “If you are going through Hell, keep going.” As dark as that sounds, it was one of the most useful phrases during a very long and difficult time. And the second was kind of along those lines from my youngest in my mother’s day card where he wrote “...we have been through it all...”  

Why would i want to keep on going or keep on trying at least? What makes me to not stop and just give up? What compels me to keep walking through hell? Or looking at the flipside - when were the times when i just wanted to throw in the towel and say, “Beam me up, please! I have had enough.”  In short, the answer lies in Hope. Hope lost or Hope found. But it all centered around Hope.

Hope makes me hold on, go on or try again. Even if i have only a slight Hope that there might be a breakthrough, it gives me strength to go on. If i feel that there is no Hope, well, i fall apart. The dark descends. And i really am desperately trying to hold on to my little shreds of Hope in All areas of life and trusting God that He is enough, but struggling. And then I read this....

May the God of Hope

fill you with all Joy

and Peace

as you Trust in Him

so that you may Overflow with Hope

by the Power of the Holy Spirit.


And my topsy-turvy world rights itself again.

Bella, hoping and trusting in the God of Hope 

Comments

Popular Posts