Finding a new way....


 At this point in time, i feel that i am just a bystander in my own life. So many things are out of my control. I can literally do nothing but stand and watch where it will all end up. Other things i might have some ideas about, but it seems Life is not asking for my input. And so i stand on the side of my little path in life and wonder if I should maybe just give up, sit down and enjoy the show.

It is as if i am walking through a very dark forest in a deep valley and might have set up camp here....a now familiar place. No way up and out. I try, really i do, but just as i manage to scale a smooth wall and peek my head out, that part crumbles and i slide down again. Might as well make myself comfortable. 

I was contemplating my crumbling-wall challenges while accompanying the school kids on a hike. We were climbing down a steep path into the valley below. Oh, the irony...But as we rounded a bend a beautiful view opened up. Across this wild bit of indigenous trees and thick bush i could just see a bit of the old Cape road. It was so unexpected to realize a road existed here where i thought we were deep in the bush. And then it suddenly hit me. Just when you think there is no way out, a new path emerges, or you see a glimpse of one far ahead. Yes, it might be quite tough getting there. But it IS there - open and smooth and you might even get a lift back home. A way out. Isn’t He the Waymaker?

And i pray that God would open my eyes to see His way, i really cannot.....so many trees have fallen across my path lately and i as i scramble over them the wag-n-bietjie-bos gets me or i just feel so lost in this dark forest - praying for eyes that i will lift up to spot the road ahead and in doing so, be able to renew my brave. Be able to say “You will be alright, you will make it, just keep going, God has got this.” Keep going...



Bella


Comments

Popular Posts