SOS

 

This morning was a bit chilly, so i chose my very orange exercise sweater. Neon orange. I got it for a fraction of the price  - i guess no one really wanted that colour! Haha, anyway there i was walking on the beach really sticking out.

Only a few people were out and about because of the grey and cool weather, but most of them were dressed in darker colours. As i walked on and left the beach-combers behind and entered the black clad fisherman stretch i was the only bright, visible person. And i wondered if God could see me more clearly from far away this morning? I mean, i was the only one that NASA would pick up (i really don’t like that sweater so much!) - would God see me too? Amazingly, above the roar of the waves i heard a small plane a bit further over the sea and suddenly i had this Rescue Mission thought. I desperately wanted to be seen and heard and wanted to jump up and down and wave that plane into landing. I wanted to be seen and rescued. 

I guess i am just so tired scanning the skies for relief. My list of Reasons to Be Rescued is by now quite extensive, and still no help or breakthrough or outcome. Am i seen? Am i heard? Can i expect help? Or am i Roberta Crusoe and no help is coming, even in Bright Orange? It has been so long, Lord. Please see me.

And then I remember.....”Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside of your Father’s care. And even the hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” 

I am seen. I don’t need bright orange. Even the hairs on my head are all numbered! (That in itself is quite an accomplishment taking into account my wild head of hair) I need to keep Trusting. Knowing my Rescue will come.

Bella



Comments

Popular Posts