Ps 131

 


Well, can the last few days of this, the year of Covid-19 in 2020 become any worse? Apparently yes, it can. A new strain of the virus, not cool hotspots, no going to any body of water (Kryptonite for Covid?), the list goes on.

Some believe the virus is a scam. Some say it’s prevention will change your dna. Some get really, really sick. Others spread it without having any symptoms. Some die. Most, fortunately, do get better. It’s no use trying to figure it all out. We must try and adhere to the rules, even if we don’t always agree. And ultimately we have a greater responsibility to others. So, what else should we Do? Apart from the obvious...

Psalm 131 has helped me with many times where I experienced seemingly endless (and to my mind ) senseless suffering and pain. It always help me regain balance and always brings me back from the brink of many a deep void of no understanding.....

“My heart is not proud, LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself. I am like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the LORD, both now and for ever more.” Ps 131

I love the picture that the Psalmist paints of a little child content on his mother’s lap. I remember when my boys were small, how they would lift up their little arms for me to pick them up when they were upset or scared or when they got hurt....and then just totally calmed down in an instant. Safe in mama’s arms.  This short Psalm is so simplistic and yet so profound. Put your hope in the Lord, both now and for ever more. Every moment covered. Now and For Ever. Put your Hope in God. That’s it. Safe with God, no matter what.

I cannot add to this advice. But I should follow it.

Bella, have faith in God.



Comments

Popular Posts