Setting goals...


Thanks to facebook, who keeps me updated on past memories, this picture from 10 years ago popped up and gave me a smile but also a bit of a jar. Such small boys only 10 years ago and now one is about to get married??
How many times do we not ask ourselves or others where do we see ourselves in 5 or 10 years’ time? I guess I failed Goal setting 101, because never in my life did I set this kind of goal or even remotely see myself in my current position!

10 years ago seems so remote and yet, so yesterday. And yet, here i am, surrounded by a bunch of 20 somethings trying to access my 50+Year old  brain’s files, filling new files and just in general stretching my apparently plastic brain matter....so much has changed, so many things i could not foresee has now become the new picture. And I definitely did not see this version.

I recently made contact again (thanks, facebook) with an old friend from a really long time ago. And in thinking about myself i think i am still quite the same - the inside of me, that is! Haha i didn't have white hair at 17! Or carried the extra pounds around that i do now😋,  but essentially i am still that girl.  But also not. If i look back i have become more of who I was then and it would be interesting to catch up with old friends from long ago who have not seen me and hear what they think of me now. And me of them. 😊

Anyway, goals. Self appointed milestones. Probably good to have some but also just as good to take life and its curveballs and be ready to adapt. I sometimes wonder if the ability to adapt isn't more important than picturing yourself up some ladder. I was never one for heights. And thats why i am now in a class of eager new physios busting my brains out to learn new things. I have to adapt to this curveball that I call My Life Now. Still becoming, still growing, ever adapting.

And isn't that the point of life? Becoming what God has seen all along? Becoming more like Jesus. Now, that is a goal that cannot be changed by curveballs, falling off ladders or losing the ones we love. That is where i want to see myself in 5 and 10 years time....becoming more like Jesus. Still close to God and not far away as circumstances and cruel diseases would like to drive us. Still clinging, trusting and loving.

Bella, still a long way to go





Comments

Popular Posts