Sinking sand...

I was standing on the beach. Firm sand beneath my feet. A small wave washed over my ankles, the sand shifted a bit. Another small wave and more sand washed away. By the third wave my feet were buried. No more firm sand. The longer i stood there the lower i sank. Defintely no firm foundation!

As i stood there i was thinking of life, well my life in particular. And all the waves that have come crashing down for quite some time now. And as i thought about very real fears and worries i sank deeper down into the sand. And it got me thinking. What foundation do i choose to stand on? Do i choose sinking sand every time a new wave comes? Or do i choose bedrock?

Where do i let my thoughts go in the middle of the night? Do i go to my Rock, the Rock of All Ages?
Or do i toss and turn and worry myself into a frenzy? Where do i choose to stand when i see people growing old together (the downside of living in a place where people come to retire) - what do i do with that sadness that chokes me as tears well? Sinking sand? Where do i put my hope, my trust, my everything?

Psalm 62....“Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭62:5-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The waves will come, but do i stay on the sand or walk over to The Rock, where i am safe snd on  Terra Firma?

Bella, so many lessons from the ocean

Comments

Popular Posts