Standing at the Red Sea...



And here I thought 2017 was bad....so many times over the last couple of months i have cried out to God - why this too? Isn't it enough to live and see this disease in all,it terribleness day in and out? But here we are - Standing at one more Red Sea+Approaching Army scenario.

We bought a house and God miraculously provided for it only for it to be handled by dishonest people. So we are in the midst of trying to transfer the house unto our name.... no success....and 7 months plus three attorneys later still no answers or closer to finding out on what on earth is going on. Standing at the Red Sea.

But therein lies my answer....this is not just an "earthly" problem, so it won't help much to ask "Why on earth?" And this takes me back to one of the first verses the Lord gave me when we bought this house...it seemed a bit strange then but makes perfectly sense now. Exodus 14.....

There the Hebrew nation stood - freshly and in an awesome way saved by the Living God, walking boldly towards the Promised Land. It even says they were ready for battle!
Then they looked up from their focused marching and saw the approaching army on the one side and the Red Sea on the other side and went from Ready for Battle to Terrified and Crying. (Sounds familiar, Bella?)

How many times have i walked boldly knowing this was God's will only to look away and to go from trust to terrified in one glance? Even if i just had a great breakthrough or seen God's deliverance?

And here I stand at another Red Sea. And God says, "I will fight for you, you need only to be still."
"I will gain glory for Myself through _______ and they will know that I am the LORD."

I need to know that i can trust God no matter what or how the circumstances look like. I can go from Ready for Battle, to facing difficulties - even calamities - and skipping the being terrified part and losing all hope - rather by default, just fearing God and trusting Him without a doubt.

"And when the Israelites saw the Mighty Hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in Him." And i love this part, "and the Egyptians said, Let's get away from the Israelites! The LORD is fighting for them against Egypt."

I long to see the Mighty Hand of the Lord in this new dilemma, but until that happens i will keep my eyes not on the Red sea in front of me, nor on the approaching terrifying army, but on the pillar of Light leading me on, giving God all the glory He deserves.

Bella

Comments

Popular Posts