Rocky Roads





I was walking along an unfamiliar beach this morning and suddenly had this desire to walk out and touch this one lonely pillar built way out in the sea. I could actually do this as the tide was still low. While walking out i realized two things - the tide was coming in faster than i thought and the way out to this pillar was across many round slippery rocks.
I decided to push on. At one point i looked at the road ahead and thought it would be easier to admit defeat and turn around. At least i knew i was able to traverse the know path. And the path ahead looked, to say the least, a bit too rocky!

As i was contemplating going ahead with this foolish idea or just going back a piece of Scripture came to mind....Isaiah 30:21 says "And you will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."

In that moment I decided to trust God’s voice and guidance and went ahead. Metaphorically walking this unknown path knowing God is with me. Knowing He will lead. Trusting Him to guide.
I made it around the pillar with shaky legs but with a firmness in spirit.
Yes, the days ahead will be strewn with slippery rocks, even incoming waves crashing around me even on me. But God is with me. I am safe in His palm. I can rely on His Voice telling me where to step.

Bella, one step at a time.




Comments

Popular Posts