Being at Peace with God



I am many thngs....i am the mother of S/B/C, the wife of A, the driver picking up the school kids, the carer, the cook and chief bottle washer....but i am also confused, worried, overwhelmed and at times frantic. I am Panic, i am Harried, i am Fret.

I would, of course, just like to be plain old me. I would like to be Uncomplicated, Drinker of coffee, Reader of book, Hoper of hope, but i am not.

So many things and roles define my being at the moment - and not all of them good or positive. I would like to be named Quietness and Strength but it is more like Shouting and Melting Down.

I was sitting in church thinking of who i have become after quite a week of losing it a couple of times....we started singing Where Your Love ran red by Chris Tomlin. A song i know quite well. As the next slide came up the words "peace with God" stood out. To me it stood out in neon flashing colours. Peace with God.

And that is when i realised i am still fighting with God. Outwardly i look calm (well mostly), but i was in a deep turmoil inside and every now and again it spilled over and out....causing me to go back numerous times saying I am sorry. I need that peace. I need to be at peace with God. I am falling apart.

How do you get to a point of being at peace with Him as you see more muscles stop working? How do i not want to scream at God to stop this insane disease, because i know He can? What does it mean to be at peace with God?

Many thick books have been written about this, but i will keep it short. I think of Joseph. David. Moses. None had an easy life. They had one thing in commom. Trust. They trusted God no matter what. Peace is unbreakably linked to Trust. That is the only way. I need to Trust God no matter what. That is where peace begins.

So my goal for this week, no wait, make it this day, is to be known as the one who trusts God. No more, no less. I cannot go on without this peace. Peace with God is my glue - actually my Super Glue.

Bella

Comments

  1. Bella Belinda Hy het jou in sy hadpalm gegraveer jy is Syne! Hy sal jou nooit verlaat nie! Hou vas aan Sy beloftes en hou vas aan die Redder! Ons is saam met jou in gebed...ons aanpassings is ook groot en soms "verloor" ons dit ook...later kan ons daaroor lag...maar nou??? Ons is net mens. Liefde die Hattingh's van Groot Brakrivier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Belinda, reading your blog has come some what of a devotion for me. I keep reading through them and find so much encouragement, I feel and hear the love of the Father in your words. It is stirring my heart, not to let fear over-whelm my heart and mind. You and Alfred have always been key people in my journey at ASM. There are conversations that I have had with you both (at ASM), where you both have encouraged me, that I still remember to this day, words of encouragement that have just as much an impact now as they did then. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts