With me...

Three men in ancient Babylon chose not to bow down to an idol made of gold....everywhere around them people fell to the ground as soon as they heard the musical instruments....it was kind of obvious who were not bowing and the men had to face the consequences. And so, they were thrown into a fiery furnace as the king ordained. Of the many lessons that can be taken from their story of faith, one stands out - 3 were thrown into the fire, bounded, but when the king looked there were 4 .... Daniel 3:25 " Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

If there were ever a picture of God with us in trials, difficulties or let's just say it... terrible times in life, then this one brings me the most comfort. God was with them. Right there in the fire with them.

These last couple of weeks have been very sobering as we all settle in to our new "normal". We are now that family whom everyone is glad they are not. Yes, we face extreme times, but we have this amazing promise. A promise that we will never be forsaken or forgotten. A promise that God Himself is with us. I AM with you on this journey.


On this earth, we will have trouble. And lots of it. Notice that in Isaiah 43 it does not say...If you pass through the waters or If you walk through fire. It says WHEN. Meaning tough times are bound to come our way. Some easier than others, but whatever comes our way, we can be sure of one thing. God is with us. He does not leave us at all.

But what if we are just so used to these words that even if we know it is true, it does not help? So, God is with me. But it is my arms that need to do the carrying, my hands that need to hold on to the steering wheel...my energy, my tears, my strength failing....
If this is the case, and i can say that at times i am there, then i need to stop and let it sink in.

God, the Creator is with me. God who created, not by doing things, but just by speaking, is right by my side. God who lived as a man on earth and knows how it feels to be rejected, betrayed, hungry, alone, He who knows exactly how all this feels that i am feeling, He is my Immanuel. My God with me. Jesus promised that He will be with us to the end of time. And His promises are always true.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.....
Do not be afraid, for I am with you..." Is 43

I choose to believe it. Way down in my heart know that God is truly with me on this journey. And i can say, it is well with my soul.

Bella, never alone.



Comments

Popular Posts