Worry and money....





It was getting closer to that time of year…Ordering of The School Books.  For 3 kids.  And to top it all off, I had ordered some Math books as well for the next 2 years AND I had enrolled our eldest son in an online course for science and the payment of that was due soon.  So I did what I always do – start thinking of selling things?  No, of course not, I just started praying and asking my Father to send the money at the right time. 

Well, ok I must admit it did think a little bit of what do I have to sell….in any case, I didn’t sell anything but just decided that if God was trustworthy for grade 1 to 9, I guess He is trustworthy for grades 10-12 and even beyond that, in terms of education.

Good news arrived on Monday, saying that we had actually double the amount we thought we had in our one account!  “Wow”, I thought, “that was quick!”!  This was great news!  Now I can order the books, pay the online school and not even worry about our short holiday over Christmas (yes it is only May now, I know!)

So yesterday I opened up our school’s website and just wanted to start planning when I happened to check emails first.  A very short little email shattered my hopes of ordering anything!  This is what it said:  “Sorry, I mixed up your account with another family’s account, and you have only this amount that you already spent on your workpermits…..”  So much for that.

At first I was really upset.  “Now what?”, I kept thinking.  And also, “Hmm and there I was not worrying about the books or the course or the holiday break in December!”  And then it hit me…why was I not worrying anymore?  Did the security (?) of money in the bank stop me from worrying?  If so then it is quite pathetic!  Isn’t God always faithful?  Haven’t we ordered books for 10 years now, and always on time?   

Did God stop caring because we didn’t have the money when I thought we did?
Of course God is faithful!  And He does care and know exactly what is going on in my life but He did test my heart to see what was (is) in it – and in it is worry.  Worry about what we will wear, eat and study…..

So I am kind of glad that we don’t have all that money and that I can just give it all to Him again and keep on trusting God, who called us here and who is always, always faithful.  I am looking forward to see how He is going to do it because I know it is just a matter of time, His Time.  And I can stop worrying.  J

Bella, not wanting to be a worrier but rather a warrior for God!

Comments

Popular Posts