see-saw....

My main jobs here are: 1) Teaching my 3 boys, 2) Cooking and cleaning and so on, 3) Learning the local language, 4) Treating minor ailments in and around our house, 5) Mother and Wife and somewhere in between Friend. It's a good thing i can multi-task!  :)

But doing all of these well?  Quite impossible!  When the school is going well, the laundry suffers.  When the laundry is going well, the cooking suffers!  When the cooking is going well.....well, you get the picture.  The problem is that there is rarely a normal day where everything falls in place and everything gets done!

Sometimes i long for a job where i can go to and go home from!  With actual working hours!  What a novelty That would be!  9 to 5 sounds quite tempting.  But then again, i live in Africa and while we don't have watches, we have Time (and 2 Mr times too!  read post below..)
 
So, mostly my life is a see-saw - now this side is up, next it's the other way around.  problem is, i'm sitting on both sides - running from down side to upside.

How to regain balance?  How to not feel totally overwhelmed every single minute of my day? Not too feel guilty when i trip over the clean/dirty clothes?
All very good questions and also much thought about ? too!  I guess, i need to accept that most days will be like a see-saw and tomorrow something else will have priority.  And somedays i will fall off my see-saw and wonder if it's worth climbing back on.....

It is then that ps 139 comes to mind.....You know when i stand up and sit down.....all my days are written in your Book....You know me......You formed me......
You know how much i can take!

bella, hoping for at least a balaced mind!

Comments

Popular Posts