A rose of Sharon

Songs of Songs is mostly not a very commonly read book in the bible, but recently the pages opened on this verse... "I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valley"

Well, i must admit, i really don't feel like a rose of anywhere at the moment!  I am more like a welted little something!  Stressed out by life in general!  A weed, maybe?

My middle son recently had a severe reaction to a bee sting!  And so as his mother, i wanted to have him inside the house all day long - inside his mosquito net woud have suited me even better!  But that is not the way to go - that is not a rose's way, that is the wilted something's way.  A little worry weed, that's what i was!

I need to organise an event and things seem to take quite some interesting and stressful turns and so, was i the Rose?  Oh no, i was the Weed!

I did not trust my Father, i did not think to take my worries to Him, who sees me as His Rose.  I chose to believe all the lies about me - me the Weed!

Also recently, i reacted in haste, i responded way to honestly and in doing so, i have lost a friend.  The rose would have waited a bit, would have had a sweet scent - nothing like what the Weed did!

And so, here i sit in all my worldly weedness and my Father comes to me and whispers softly in my ear - "You are a Rose of Sharon, a lily of the Valley".  And i feel so incredibly humbled and loved.  Even though i don't deserve it at all, i am His rose.....and so , Father change in me what needs to be changed, because i want to be that rose you see in me.  Take away my sin and shame, help me to believe the Truth.

bella, a pruned rose.

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful description of God's love for us in spite of our short comings. Hope you get your friend back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts