Goodbye and other taboo words.......

When one lives Far Away from family and friends you build in some defences or you just won't make it out here!  I probably never was the clinging type in any case, but even for me, i had to start keeping my heart safe.....words, for example, are often used lightly, like the "how are you?"...."fine" routine.  But not for me.  Words weigh a lot in my frame of mind.  


A long time ago i decided to not say the word "goodbye" to anyone i won't be seeing soon again, neither "i miss you!" or cry when i leave.  None of that!  It makes it too painful.  It kind of reminds me of my first patient.  He had a bad open leg fracture with an external fixation - it looked something like a small antennae - well, when i saw him, i fainted!  haha so much for my first physio/patient day!   But in time i learnt to separate myself (in a good way) and rather help the sick person than feeling so much for them that i was totally useless!

And so, if i just say "see you" and not make a big fuss, don't think it is not hard for me.  Don't think i won't miss you or even cry when i'm around the corner.  It's a matter of survival....survival of the heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts