Fun with the ladies....

I have never been one for making conversation....oh, my goodness, i have a hard time trying to learn language by talking about the small stuff in life!!  ;)

This afternoon i was sitting at my desk trying to put together a (feasable) local-language-health lesson on food and nutrition, when it got a bit boring and so i went out to do some "fieldwork"!!

All over the world people need to prepare food, right? Now this would be a great topic for me to explore and get them takling!!  (Who wants to talk about hair or babies all the time??)  And so there we were......Let me paint you the picture....

Small huts surrounded by tall grass, a cooking fire smoking away, a forgotten black pot on it's side, a circle of women, all with babies, and ......me.  They are sharing their recipes with me and i am writing them down to everyone's great amusement!  Even Greater Amusement when i read it back to them!!  I now know how to cook pumpkin leaves (i think it was pumkin??) and also feed a family with casava greens! 

All in all we had some fun together, bridging the gap between our worlds with a cooking fire and some green leaves........

bella, the bush cook

Comments

Popular Posts