(Un)scented candle....

I bought these very pretty and wonderful smelling candles a few months back to bring to the bush to enjoy......only to find out that after 5 months they were now just  candles - no scent what-so-ever!  So much for that!  But it got me thinking......always dangerous, i know!

Lately i have felt exactly like this candle - from the distance everything looks good and seems fine, just like the candle - there it said on the side "Rose Garden Scented Candle".  But when i struck the match and waited for the nice smell to fill the air, there was only sulphur from the match.....no flavour of any kind of rose!

I have lost my flavour - maybe culture stress is part to blame, maybe the last few weeks after a looong year, or maybe it is because i have lost faith that God actually still remembers that i am here?  Just like this province we live in, not named The Forgotten Province for nothing, or the people of my village, also quite forgotten by all, and then there is me - forgotten too?

I asked the Lord what He thought about of all these thoughts and He took me to Exodus......

The Israelites are complaining to Moses - "Why did God bring us here?  Was it so only so that we can die in this (forsaken) place??"  Quite close to home, i thought!  Yikes!  Yes, this was me too!  And meantime God has The Promised Land in mind and not the desert!

Forgive me, Lord!  Help me see your plan and keep on following You, not by sight but by faith and then i will be a sweet smelling fragrance to You again!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts