An itchi business.....

And so, there i was sitting in the bathroom (because there is a strong enough light to read by) trying to make out what the "Where there is no doctor" was saying at 12 midnight and not making any headway......

I was not feeling very well the past couple of days, but was shocked when i woke up in the middle of the night with lots and lots of itching hives on my back and sides!  Yikes!  What was wrong with me??  I was itching like crazy, of that at least, i was sure.  Now what?  I had a few options - 1) I could just go back to bed and sleep it off, or 2) I could wake up my husband and tell him how to administer some adrenaline just in case, but then i remembered the old stuff had expired and the new stuff hadn't arrived yet and so this wasn't really an option, or 3) I could wake him up and ask him to calm me down enough to sleep it off......so, I went for option 3 and survived to tell the tale!

I tried to remember what i ate the previous day, and the only two things that came to mind was - wild honey (which was quite good) and Pringles (and i decided that IF it WAS the Pringles, i'll just bear the hives in future), but when i dressed and was searching for the ever present skirt, i remembered that we couldn't find our usual washing power and had to use Omo instead - so i dressed carefully in only-omo-washed-clothes and waited for the experiment to kick off!  And boy, did it kick off all right!!  By one i was itching like crazy and in all the right places where the Omo-clothes were touching my skin!!  One point for the bush doctor!!  Yeah!

And so, we will hunt for our old washing powder - Klin - and, although they can't spell, at least they get the kloz klin without the ITCH!!

Comments

Popular Posts