I know nothing!

Being married, each one usually has his/her role to play and things to do and i became very aware of all my incapabilities with my poor husband flat in bed with a slipped disc.....now i was not only the chief cook and bottle washer, but also the fore(wo)man, the receiver of guests, the disher-out-of work and so on......and i wasn't doing well, trying to be my other half as well!

And so there i was sitting in the office of the local airline trying to convince this lady to book the ticket for a friend and i realize i have no clue as to how to do that!  (The Convincing her part)  She wants the passport and i don't have it, although i have all the info she or the next person might need to write a small essay on my friend who needs a ticket!  First i haven't been in town properly for nearly 5 months and then (to my credit) i haven't been to this office in over a year.....well, so much for my attempts, she just won't budge and what do i know anyway in dealing with this difficult kind of person??.

The next day....
I am explaining to our workmen where to plant some new grass, becasue i can't think of any other work for them to do at this moment.....and then after a lenghty explanation, they ask "So where do we plant this grass?"  'What do you mean Where?"  Oh, well, apparently i really do know nothing!  And it got worse as i had to now figure out that they Actually Meant which was that they didn't know How To do the whole thing...and sad but true, neither did i!!  I know nothing remember?

And then i'm in the village and i greet the wrong person or forget to do the shake my hand-three-times-in-one-go-thing and they roll their eyes, giggle or avoid looking at me who-knows-nothing!  Or i bring the wrong presents - pumpkins in pumpkin season, for example!  :)

In carrying all these new hats, of which many don't fit and some might (?) fall on the ground and others have been  forgotten in a deep dark corner, only remembered much later in the deep, dark night...hiehie, until my husband is up and running again, i guess we will just have to live with the consequences of things that's not done, not straight and not checked if properly done!!  At least i am still a good cook (if i get the time after picking up all those fallen hats!)

I may not  know much, but one thing i do know - all my days are in the hand of my Father and He is All-knowing!  Phew, what a relief!

Comments

Popular Posts