How God used a friend and a bunch of 6 year olds get me on track again...



I had it all wrong. Actually everything went wrong. I was tired of getting people to do their job properly. My patience was wearing thin. On one day someone broke the dishwasher door, the new septic tank was flooded by the old leaking in, the new roof leaked like a sieve, the kids were sick with the flu, i just kind of recovered, i had to deal with difficult builders, and on and on. 

I was wishing for some help. Crying out to God to intervene. In a miraculous way of course! Like heal my husband, fix my roof or zap the guy who made a mess of it, send me someone who will stand up for us as the house saga continues...

The short of it was that i was in full princess mode.
And it was not good. I accused God if being distant, cruel and not caring. I might have thrown the magnets on my broken-door-dishwasher, which by the way read “love my happy friend”....stomping foot princess.

Late last night i was mentioning all this to a friend, verbalizing that i feel not helped, or strong, or protected by God. And then this thought was dropped and mulled in my head through the night... that all the difficult stuff we have faced over the past years living in Moz has indeed prepared us for This Difficult Friday and Saturday and the Next day and the Next.     

I am never just strong. I am only strong in the Lord. 

And here i am sitting next to the grade R class waiting to help a little boy in a wheelchair with some exercises..when God helps me...
I hear them shouting the Bible verse “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
‭‭(Joshua‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬) Shouting it out at the top of their lungs!!

And my world tilts upright again.

God does not ask me to sit in a heap and cry and complain but to trust Him. He may not choose to part the waters but maybe He lets me walk on it. Or sends a boat... it is not up to me How He Helps. But Helps He does. 

And so i face a new day again. Choosing to be Strong and Courageous. Choosing to Not Be Afraid. To not be Discouraged. Not because of who i am, but because the Lord my God will be with me wherever i go. 

Bella, thankful for friends who speak truth and 6 year olds who shouts it out!

Comments

Popular Posts