Blows, fears and truth....



Just when you think things cannot get any worse another blow comes out of nowhere....

I think there should be a special kind of grace when a serious disease or accident or terminal illness with no cure comes your way. Believe me, there is just no grace when you walk out of the doctor's office after he told you that your husband has a terminal illness and there is nothing he can do....oh, except one thing, he bills you for R1800. Thanks.

Or you find out that if you do go on early retirement (using that money for a dwelling of some sort) you are no longer eligible for the medical aid to which you have been contributing over the years. Wow, did not see that one coming. I can hear all medical aids running away as we approach....

Did you realize Life insurance brokers actually fill out your forms when you sign up, but please do not live under the illusion that when you need the money they will kindly fill out the forms and just ask for your not-so-million-dollar signature. You are on your own, buddy.

But, no. This is exactly what the real enemy wants us to believe, see in people. And his purpose? To discourage, make us doubt the faithfulness of God. Make us feel forsaken, forgotten. Alone in a very cruel world.

So far, i must admit, this enemy really does not even have to paint me a picture of desolation. It is all too real. In a sense we have lost everything in a very short time. Work and Vision, House and Friends, Dogs and Cats. It feels like we were plucked out of Mozambique and left in outer space with our few belongings slowly orbiting earth with us. Falling, falling, drifting aimlessly. Who are we now? What are we? And Where are we going and How will we get there?

But then I crack open God's Word and there it is.... Isaiah 41 - Israel's Helper. And God speaks and He says: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My Righteous Right Hand."

And my fears are stilled. My dismay is righted with Truth. My falling stops as His Hand, His Rigtheous Right Hand takes holds of me, of us. And i stand up again because the Lord said He is my God, my Helper and my Strength. My gravity returns and i am held firmly by the Hand and He says: "Do not fear, I will help you."

Even if my whole world has fallen apart, God is still the same. His love and care is still the same. I can trust Him because He said so.

Bella, safe in the Hands of the Father.








Comments

  1. Amen. I hope and pray no "Job's friends" beset your soul, too, or misguided ones insinuate things against you or impose false teachings of faith and prosperity... Kev and I went through a parallel difficult stripping 8 years ago, and God has been Faithful. God has gotten us through it all; He has been with us. Kev and I still love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, and God's grace has enabled us to continue to serve and believe. God is worthy of our devotion. Your blog post is so good. Keep being devoted.

    Continue to cuddle up close to the Comforter of our souls, our Helper and Wise Counselor. Like chicks that huddle under their mother hen's wings during a storm, stay tucked under the wings of our Lord. He will get you through this as you stay near and dear to Him.

    Isaiah 50:9-10, "Behold, the Lord GOD helps Me; Who is he who condemns Me? Behold, they will all wear out like a garment; The moth will eat them. Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God."

    Love and prayers for your family. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts