Opinion of one...



The opinion of one....is just that - one person.

About 15 years ago i attended a conference and really liked the worship music.  So we decided to buy a CD, but the lady selling the Cd's opinion was that normally this singer/songwriter's music was quite "wild".  She offered the only one that in her opinion people would actually like.  (people like us or people in general i never found out.)  However i liked his music very much but i never bought another album of this particular artist because her opinion stuck. 

Last week we were listening to this same CD and my husband reminded me of what that lady had said and suddenly the lights in my brain went on and i started thinking that just maybe she was wrong....what could i loose?  In any case i started looking for more of his music and found to my not-so-great-astonishment that his other albums were in fact, excellent too!!  The opinion of one made me miss out on good solid worship music!  For 15 years!!

It made me think further that it is so easy to believe someone especially if they say something negative about me or put me down or don't say anything and then i feel bad, etc, etc.  So many times i believe the one and do not even check it with Truth.  Why do i believe the worst of me so easily?  Or the worst of others at times?

Opinions should not just be taken for truth just because someone else believes it.  Test and keep that what is good!

And i guess the One opinion that really matters is my Father's.  Do i test these opinions of others - spoken and also those unspoken opinions, you know the kind - the silent lifted eyebrow or the pursed lips - do i test it regularly to what His Word teaches?  Or what i know He believes about me?   Do i let the opinion of one fill my head with lies and just believe them?

Isa 49:16  See, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands

Isa 43:10  "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me.   I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from Me there is no Savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you.

Believe Me.

Bella



Comments

Popular Posts