For this one?




Sometimes, we are challenged by the thought that if only one were saved by our obedience, will we be ok with that? My whole life, everything i went through, for this one. Would i be ok with that?


This morning a small boy was carried to our house wrapped in a cloth, only his huge eyes visible, peering fearful at me. Huge brown eyes. I asked what happened and they told me he pulled boiling water over himself....when i took a look my own eyes grew big. Huge pieces where nice brown skin should have been, now lay exposed and only whitish flesh stared at me. And still he didn't utter a word only stared at me with those big brown eyes. 


Will it be enough if it is only for this one?


I used to work in a Burns Unit. Not a pretty sight that greeted me each day that's for sure. I learned a lot not knowing how and where i might use these "skills". But God put me there for little kids like this one. True, i improvise a lot out here but God is on my side and He gives me ideas and fills my cupboard with what i need for cases such as these. 


Some days, i do admit, i wonder why i am here. I can speak Y sickness lingo, i still forget some words and phrases and i mime a lot. I generally act as the village idiot without even trying! I won't survive a week as a Y woman and they know it! I am not one of them and will never be, but i love these people deep in my heart ( even if they sometimes make me cry or frustrate the living daylights out of me!) but they are the people i live with and this is where God wants me.


Mother Theresa once said who are we to decide what our task should be, and who are we to complain if the task looks too menial? I have pondered this many times. How will people remember me when i am gone, i want to make my life count! I want to make a name for myself!! Sound familiar? It should....the Tower of Babel all over in my own life!!


What is more important- to make a name for myself, i.e. To feel and look successful in the world's eyes or to be obedient and accomplish way more than i would if i choose the first option of making myself great. Easy words but not so easy to live out. 


Will it be enough if it is just for this one?


Jesus told the parable of the one lost sheep. The shepherd left the rest, 99, of them to go in search for the one that was lost. I sometimes wonder what the 99 thought of this? They stuck together it seems and that night the fellow called all his friends in celebration! He found the lost one! One is a very important number to our God.


And in asking me this about is it enough, He has gently taken my eyes from myself and what I think I ought to accomplish and focused it on Him and what He wants me to be - loving Him with all my heart and obeying. Caring for others even if it is not very glamorous and of the name-making stuff. To do that kind of stuff that really matters in His Opposite-than-the-world way.


And so i say, Yes, it is quite enough if only this one will be saved and come to know You. Help me be Your Hands and Feet.


Bella, because He is enough.



Comments

Popular Posts